Prepping your items
We recommend prepping your items for sale so you can maximize your profit and protect your personal data. Make sure your items are restored to as close to new condition as possible.
Here’s a helpful checklist for prepping your items:
- Make sure the item is in working condition.
- Gather all essential pieces for using the item, like charging cords, batteries, and other accessories.
- If you are unable to find all of your item’s accessories, let us know and we may be able to order them as an add-on service.
- Clean the item. We recommend the following:
- Plastic items, use hot soapy water.
- Wood items, use Murphy’s oil soap.
- Fabric items, follow the washing instructions.
- Glassware/dishes, hand wash or run through the dishwasher if safe.
- Tighten up any loose screws, like those found on small furniture.
- Erase, reset, and unlock electronics.
- If you’re not sure how to complete this step or don’t have the time, we can do it for you as an add-on service. However, please be aware that we may need your login credentials, so we highly recommend resetting your password to something generic like 0000. Then be sure to label your device with the new password.
Prepped and ready to go? Schedule a pickup or dropoff now.